What is Ticket cover?
We want to give you a possibility to secure your ticket purchase so that you won't suffer economic loss in case you are unable attend the event because of an illness, accident or for example due to death of a next-of-kin. We have developed Ticket Cover together with the Finnish If P&C Insurance Company Ltd.
Under Ticket Cover, the Insured will be compensated for the original value of an unused ticket purchased from Lippu.fi, if the Insured is unable to attend the event for the following, personal reasons:
- death of the Insured or the Insured's next-of-kin, or an accident or unexpected and sudden onset of illness affecting either one of them, which unavoidably prevents attendance in the event. The imperative nature of the cause of cancellation shall be evaluated on medical grounds.
- unexpected, significant financial losses befall any of the Insured's property located in Finland, making it necessary for the Insured to remain at the site where the loss occurred.
- the Insured is required to appear in court and the trial coincides with the insured event
The Insured will be compensated the original value of the ticket, not including the price of Ticket Cover.
Ticket Cover is valid for the event indicated on the ticket. The Insured is the Ticketholder of a ticket which includes Ticket Cover. The Insured will be compensated for the original value of an unused ticket purchased from Lippu.fi, not including the price of Ticket Cover, if the Insured is unable to attend the event.
A medical certificate, police investigation record or summons to appear in court stating the cause of cancellation is a requirement for payment of compensation. The value of one ticket included in season tickets, series of tickets or a package of tickets is calculated by dividing the total value of the tickets by the number of events. Any claims based on an insurance contract shall be made to the insurer within one year from the date at which the claimant becomes aware of an in-force insurance policy, of the occurrence of an insured event and of the loss, damage or injury that resulted from the occurrence.
A prerequisite for the payment of compensation is that the cause of the cancellation has not emerged prior to concluding the insurance contract or purchasing the ticket. Under Ticket Cover, no compensation is paid for additional expenses (such as travel and accommodation costs related to the event) or for the medical certificate. In addition, no accessories or additional services related to participation in the event are covered.
In this context, the following are considered the Insured's next-of-kin: spouse, common-law spouse or registered partner, children, children of the spouse, common-law spouse or registered partner, foster children and grandchildren, parents, parents-in-law and grandparents.
What if I change my mind after purchasing Ticket Cover?
In the case that you are not satisfied with the Ticket Cover insurance, you have the right to cancel the insurance agreement. Only consumers have the right to cancel the agreement. Cancellation must be made within 14 days of the ticket and insurance purchase. Please note, that the tickets are non-redeemable!
To cancel your insurance purchase, you must send us the order information
� e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
� mail: Lippupiste/Ticket Cover, Kalevantie 2, B-talo, 33100 Tampere, FINLAND
If you paid for your insurance using online banking, Finnair Plus points or Lippulasku instalments, you must also include your account number in the IBAN format. The sum of an insurance paid with a payment card will be returned directly to the card. If you used Finnair Plus points to pay for your insurance, the price of the tickets will be refunded as money to your account. If you paid your insurance with the Lippulasku instalment plan, you will receive a refund to your bank account from Lippupiste, but you must pay the invoice from Lindorff in accordance with the payment schedule.
In addition to the above-mentioned right of cancellation, you are also entitled to terminate the insurance pursuant to Section 12 of the Insurance Contracts Act, the insurance to cease to be in force at the date of the notice of termination. In such a case, only that part of the Ticket Cover premium which corresponds to the remaining period of cover shall be refunded. Please note that the right to terminate an insurance pursuant to the Insurance Contracts Act does not apply to situations in which the originally agreed validity of Ticket Cover is shorter than 30 days.
Ticket cover cancellation form
Insurance claim instructions
- Fill in the claims application. You can print the finished application by clicking Print button before you send the application to If by clicking the Send button.
- On the confirmation page you will get a message stating that the application has been successfully sent.
- Send written proof of the reason for cancellation (a medical certificate, police investigation record or summons to appear in court) in addition to the intact and unused original ticket, or for printable and SMS tickets the order confirmation, by post to If P & C insurance Company Ltd, Corporate Customers' personal insurance, P.O. Box 2026, 20025 IF, Finland
- If we need further information we will contact you. If you need further instructions on how to apply for compensation you can call us on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. telephone number + 358 10 514 2243.
Due to data security the claims application form includes so-called timeout. This means that if the time spent filling in a page exceeds half an hour the connection will be timed out and you have to start from the beginning. The claims application form is SSL-secured.